The General management is located in Hims – The old road of Palmyra.
The general management of the company is composed of:
– General Manager Office.
– Department of Technical affairs.
– Department of production.
– Department of labor and the administrative and legal concerns.
– Department of financial affairs.
– Department of geometrical studies.
– Department of planning and statistics.
– Department of the general accounts.
– Department of commercial affairs.
– Department of the interior control
– Department of marketing and sales.
– Department of human resources.
Workers in the General company for phosphate and mines are / 2136 / divided to:
– / 320 / in the General Management.
– / 1816 / in the branches.
Eastern Mine located away from Hims about /160/km east and away from Palmyra about /40/km south. There are two mines: Eastern mine /A/, Eastern mine /B/.
The annual production of Eastern mine is about / 3 / tons of phosphate, / 1,2 / million tons of them are from the dried washed phosphate.
The Reserve in this ambush is more than / 1.5 / billion tons.
Phosphate is invested from two opening mines: Eastern mine /A/, Eastern mine /B/.
Eastern mine /A/
The Annual Production Capacity of Eastern mine /A/ reaches /1150000/ tons of phosphate; Quality of (28,50 – 29%) on dry basis.
And it follows the method of mechanical concentration also in phosphate concentration. Also the raw material goes under drying process for refining from moisture, and it is possible to be gone under classification process to decrease the softness to the lowest degree.
Eastern mine /B/
The annual Production Capacity of Eastern mine /B/ reaches /700000/ tons of phosphate; Quality of (29,50%) on dry basis.
Khnefis mine located /145/km away east from Hims and away from Palmyra about /70/ km south.
Khnefis Mine is considered the oldest mine in producing phosphate, the production began in this mine in /1971/.
The raw material of phosphate is mined from an opening mine located on south western slide to the curved Alabtaar’s mountain.
The Annual Production Capacity reaches / 800 / tons of phosphate Quality of ( 30.5 – 31% ) as it follows the method of mechanical concentration in phosphate (breaking, sifting).
The raw material goes under drying process for refining from moisture, and it is possible to be gone under classification process to decrease the softness to the lowest degree.
Loading management located in Tartous port on the Syrian coast.
This department has private quay for exportation of phosphate and it may handle loading two ships at the same time.
Phosphate is stored in /22/ silos with capacity about /90 000/ tons.
There is private line to transport phosphate from mines to Tortuous by transporting the raw materials phosphate with railroads wagons designed especially to transport phosphate by railroads, Capacity is /50/ tons each.
The phosphate is exported via Tortuous port to Europe and east of Asia.
The specification of the accepted steamer in Tartous port:
– Length /170/ meter.
– Width /24/ meter maximum.
– Hatch Holds.
– Water Draft /9, 25/ m
– Air Draft /9, 50/ m
A new ship loader will be in Tartous port with capacity of /800/ tons.
Exportation to Lebanon by the land transportation to Salaata factory. Also the company guarantees the necessary phosphate for Azotes Fertilizers factory located in Hims.
– We can receive at our loading Tartous port vessels from 3000 – 200000 MT.
– Draft depth at loading port Tartous 30 feet.
– Shipping condition per AFRICANOPHOS 1953 and revision.
– Delivery: F.O.B Tartous port in bulk.
– Loading operation by electrical loading system and belt conveyor.